Readers have flagged several cases of irregularities being indulged in by NCCT Secretary Mohan Mishra and his chosen “men” across ICMs as soon as the Indian Cooperative published a story titled “Loot in NICM Chennai: NCCT unresponsive of Director complaints”.
Raising several cases of irregularities, they have sought the attention of Ministry officials as well as that of well-meaning co-operators of the country in the matter. We have listed a few of them:
1. Why Mohan Mishra did not take action against the then Director of ICM Bhopal even after the internal audit and the special audit by a Chartered Accountant pointed it’s accusing fingers for defrauding the Institute of Rs.20 lakhs and the Additional Secretary, MOA&FW had approved of taking disciplinary action against the perpetrators, the then Director, ICM, Bhopal and his OS and accountant. Then what for 56(j) enacted by the Government of India.
2. Although NCCT is under the Government of India, how on earth Directors are permitted to continue to work in their hometowns/States for more than 20 years in a Class-I post without transfer and how Mohan Mishra will justify his inaction in not shuffling the officials?
3. Why Aswini Sharma a mere graduate with no PG or specialization and entered NCCT through the backdoor could occupy the high-profile post of Dy Director -Pers and spread his evil tentacles of power over Directors and Faculty members of ICMs who had been duly appointed to their posts? Why is he not demoted or given the boot for hiding his recruitment files in response to the RTI?
4. NICM Chennai and ICM, Madurai were running a profitable mess and the profit was used for Building Development Fund and Pension fund. How such profitable ventures were handed over to private people when. Until R.Gopal Samy took charge as warden in NICM, Chennai there was a surplus of Rs 2 crore in the Mess Account. But it disappeared in thin air after Jagannathan’s retirement and Gopal Samy’s departure from NICM Chennai to ICM, Madurai on transfer.
ICM, Madurai Mess Surplus was nearly half crore until R.Gopal Samy took charge as warden. It is learnt that Gopal Samy handed over the lucrative mess contract to his favourite contractor after he was made warden. Then surplus plummeted and there was virtually no income from ICM Madurai Mess. Why Mohan Mishra and his Auditors did not question this income loss or notice the pattern of Gopalsamy’s dubious track record and acts. Why has Mohan Mishra not replicated the Successful Mess model of ICM, Madurai in other cash strapped units?
5. Why did Mohan Mishra delay action against Jagannathan when the Director-Program had recommended for Special audit in NICM, Chennai 6 months prior to his retirement?
6. Why lecturers and corrupt deputy directors are asked to occupy high seats as Directors i/c in 5 ICMs, by Mohan Mishra when 15 Deputy Directors are awaiting their promotion. What financial deal has Mohan Mishra struck with them to conduct DPC?
7. Why Mohan Mishra issued a memo to a Deputy Director in NCCT who had made a comment in the NCCT files during October 2020 calling for a CAG audit in NICM, Chennai for the frauds committed by Jagannathan.
8. How on earth would Jagannathan charge 27 lakhs from Tamil Nadu Government departments for organising recruitment exams and spend 26.5 lakhs without NCCTs approval? Every voucher should be audited to check the validity. Which NCCT official gave that much confidence to Jegannathan to spend 26.5 lakhs in one go. It is a steal by Jagannathan and his friend X in NCCT Y in Madurai.
Lauding Indian Cooperative for exposing the scam at NICM, Chennai, one of the readers has sent a message “Congratulations to Indian Cooperative for exposing the huge scam planted and nurtured by Mohan Mishra and his henchmen(literally)”.
Another one wrote “It is pathetic to watch Mohan Mishra, the man who specialises in printing quarterly newsletter, annual reports and outsourcing write ups from the ICM community and delivering the same to Ministers and IAS officials occupies the highest seat. This man given to greed and graft singularly fails to qualify for the job of Secretary, NCCT.”
“A low-profile Director at Chennai single – handedly declared a war against the corrupt deeds of Mohan Mishra and his collaborators. He has listened to his conscience and it is time people supported him”, say many.