Query of Percy Menezes

I am a member of a CHS in Andheri Mumbai. Past 2 years there have been internal issues between the 11 member committee. Due to which 7 (Group A) members passed no confidence motion against the chairman and the Secretary (Group B). Group A then appointed New Secretary n Chairman amongst themselves. All this was done without even intimating 172 members of the society. Group B has challenged the no confidence motion by Group A and the registrar had issued a status Quo till the final judgment. This led to 2 Sets of Chairman n Secretary in our society one questioning the power of the other. People have lost trust with Group A  due to lack of transparency and dictator ship and had requested them to resign in d AGM n SGM to which they denied stating they will not step down at all. Can you please guide us with the procedure to terminate this committee?

I C Naik

The only alternative  is to approach  the Authority who ordered  the Status Quo. It may be useful to hold Special general body meeting and pass a request Resolution to call for Election of a New Chairman / Secretary as the majority members have lost confidence in the Chairman and Secretary.

Share This: