Does the committee have to submit copy of the AGM minutes to the registrar’s office? I’m a new member of the society and I wish to access minutes of a meeting where the general body illegally passed a resolution to increase transfer fees. Nobody in the society is willing to provide me a copy of the same and I suspect the committee will tamper the records to protect themselves. Since the onus will be on me to prove the minutes are tampered, they have a strong position as no one is willing to go against the committee to support a new member. Is it possible for me to get the AGM minutes from the Registrar’s office?
I C Naik
REGISTRATION Number is not just last few digits. It has to be a full length number. It helps find the year if registration and the Model of Bye-Laws registered. In the absence of it some guess work is done and that may turn out to be incorrect leading to incorrect advice.
Assuming your is a Cooperative Housing Society registered with Bye-Laws Mode 2014 advice is given.
Extracts from Bye-LawNo23/171:
B documents as provided under Section 32 (2) of the Act, on payment of the fees prescribed under the bye-law No. 171.
(a) A Member shall have right to inspect free of cost books, registers documents etc. as provided in Section 32 (1) of the Act and get copies of the documents as provided under Section 32 (2) of the Act, on payment of the fees prescribed under the bye-law No. 171.
(b) A Member shall be entitled to receive a copy of the Approved Bye-laws, Audit Report of the Society, on payment of charges prescribed thereof.
Bye-law No. 171 The Member of the Society, requiring copies of the documents shall pay copying fees and other charges at the rates mentioned against them :
- Certified copy of the Approved Bye-laws of the Society Rs 5/- per page
- Amendment of the Bye-laws of the Society Rs 5/- per page
- Last Audited Balance Sheet of the Society Rs 10/- per page
- Application for Membership of the Society Rs.25/-
5.Second and Subsequent Nomination by the Member of Rs100/-the Society
- Share Certificate of the Society(Duplicate) Rs 100/7. List of Members of the Society Rs 10/- per page
- Correspondence / Documents (related to Member) Rs 10/- per page
- Minutes of the General Body Meetings and Committee Meetings Rs10/- per page
- Indemnity Bond Rs20/-
- Copy of Annual Returns and Periodicals Rs 10/- per page
- List of Active Members Rs5/- per page
- Any other document as per section 32 of the Act Rs5/- per page
I suggest you buy item 1 along with any other you need. That will be useful to solve your queries in future.