By Satish Marathe
I welcome the Budget proposals in general but particularly those relating to
- Fisheries & Animal Husbandry.
- Raising the TDS limit to Rs 40000/- on interest income. It will benefit small Depositors and reduce workload of all Banks, particularly of Cr CoOp Socs & CoOp Banks
- Changes in Income Tax proposals would boost both Savings and Consumption. Fin CoOps should now come out with new products & instruments to tap new business opportunities.
But regret that despite their promise in their Manifesto to restore Tax benefits to CoOp Banks, taken away by UPA, the same have not been restored. CoOps will need to lobby hard in this regard.
As a Cooperator, I also lament that the Govt has once again failed to harness the strengths of Coops to reach out in Rural India
- To boost Agro processing and increase income of farmers
- To promote Income earning Opportunities/ Direct & Indirect Employment