In a move to save the soil health, the world’s largest fertilizer cooperative-IFFCO is planning to slowly reduce the production of chemical fertilizers and focus on the production of Nano fertilizers, said IFFCO MD Dr U S Awasthi while addressing a meeting in IFFCO’s Phulpur unit on Saturday.
Awasthi said we have taken this decision in the interest of farmers and thus aim to enhance the production of Nano products in a big way. The Nano products will be available in bottles, he added.
It bears recall that the trial of IFFCO’s Nano Fertilizer is going on in 15 thousand places and they are getting positive feedback.
Besides, IFFCO MD informed the gathering that IFFCO had signed an MoU with Spain based Navara Company to establish the unit of Vegetable Plant. While IFFCO has 40% stake, the Spanish partner has the remaining 60%.
On this occasion several officers and employees of IFFCO Phulpur Unit were present.