The list of eligible candidates for the Nafcub election was made public on Thursday. In all there are 37 candidates left in the fray after the scrutiny of nomination papers.
Analysts say the election will go right down to the wire. The election is scheduled for 3rd February 2019 at NCUI, New Delhi.
The fight is mainly between the panel led by the outgoing President of Nafcub and veteran cooperator from Gujarat Jyotindrabhai Mehta and the panel led by Mukund Abhyankar, Group Chairman of Cosmos Bank (2nd largest Cooperative Bank of India). And there several candidates who are fighting as independent candidates.
According to the list, two candidates from Mahila Urban Cooperative Banks constituency including the outgoing director Alka Shrivastava, Chairperson, Lakshibai Mahila Nagarik Sahakari Bank and Arti Bisaria, Chairperson, Astha Mahila Nagarik Sahakari Bank are also contesting the election. It is to be noted that only one seat is reserved for the said constituency on the board of the apex body.
On the other hand, there are four candidates from the Cooperative Credit Societies constituency fighting the election. The four candidates are Awinash Laxman Mahagaonkar, Director, Lokmangal Multistate Cooperative Society, Kantibhai Lajidas Patel, Chairman, Khodiyar Cooperative Credit Society, Sunil Gupta, CEO, Jan Nidhi
Cooperative Society and Uday Vasudev Joshi, Director, Shreekrupa Nagari Sahakari Patsanstha. Only two seats are reserved for the Cooperative Credit Societies on the Nafcub board.
However, nine candidates of State federations and Associations are declared elected unopposed
Winners from state federations include H.K.Patil from Karnataka Federation, Jyotindrabhai Mehta from Gujarat Federation, Laxmi Das from Delhi Federation, R B Sahandliya from Jharkhand Federation, Mudit Verma from Uttar Pradesh Federation, Vidyadhar Anaskar from Maharashtra Federation, K.K.Sharma from Punjab federation, Adv. K Jaya Varma, General Secretary, Kerala federation and Vemireddy Narasimha Reddy, Telangana federation.
Jyotindrabhai Mehta Panel includes:-
- G Rama Moorthy, Chairman, Bhavana Rishi Urban Bank Hyderabad
- Sanjay Bhende, Chairman Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank, Maharashtra
- Dattaram Chalke, Chairman, Apna Sahakari Bank, Maharashtra
- A.M.Hindasageri, Director, Azad Urban Cooperative Bank, Maharashtra
- K.Kalappa, Director, Channa Basava Swamy Soharda Sah Bank, Kolkata
- Gautambhai Vyas, Chairman, Bardoli Nagarik Sahakari Bank, Gujarat.
- Gopalchandra Acherjee, Raniganj Cooperative Bank, West Bengal
Mukund Abhyankar Panel known as Cooperative Panel includes:-
- Mukund Abhyankar, Group Chairman, Cosmos Bank, Maharashtra
- 2.Ramesh Kumar Bung, Chairman Emeritus, AP Mahesh Cooperative Urban Bank
- CH. Raghvendra Rao, Visakhapatnam Cooperative Bank,
- CA. H R Suresh, Chairman, National Cooperative Bank,
- Mukesh Chandra Gajjar, Director, Surat People’s Cooperative Bank,
- Satyabrata Samanta, Director, Bally Cooperative Bank
- Shankar Lal Jat, CEO, Bijnor Urban Cooperative Bank.
- AJAY JAVERILAL BRAMHECHA DIRECTOR LASALGAON MERCHANTS COOPERATIVE BANK LTD., (Maharashtra)
- ASHOK VITTHAL BORADE DIRECTOR MANGAL COOPERATIVE BANK LTD., (Maharashtra)
- DR. ADVAY PRASHANT HIRAY DIRECTOR SHRI VYANKATESH COOPERATIVE BANK LTD., (Maharashtra)
- GIANCHAND LACHHAMANDASJI GARG CHAIRMAN AKOLA JANATA COMMERCIAL COOPERATIVE BANK LTD., (Maharashtra)
- RAJASHEKAR V. SHEELAVANT CHAIRMAN LAXMI SAHAKARA BANK NIYAMIT, (Maharashtra)
- RAJESH RAMGONDA PATIL DIRECTOR KALLAPPANNA AWADE ICHALKARANJI JANATA SAHAKARI BANK LTD., (Maharashtra)
- SHRIKRISHNA ALIAS KISHOR ANANT DESHPANDE DIRECTOR SOLAPUR JANATA SAHAKARI BANK (Maharashtra)
- SUBHASH VITTHAL MOHITE CHAIRMAN PUNE PEOPLE’S CO-OP. BANK LTD. (Maharashtra)
- SUNIL OMPRAKASHJI DEORA CHAIRMAN OMPRAKASH DEORA PEOPLES COOPERATIVE BANK LTD., (Maharashtra)
- SATISH BHAGWANDAS GUPTA CHAIRMAN CHIKHLI URBAN COOPERATIVE BANK LTD., (Maharashtra)
- VISHWAS JAYDV THAKUR FOUNDER CHAIRMAN VISHWAS CO-OPERATIVE BANK LTD., (Maharashtra)
- A.M. SHAH DIRECTOR JAMKHANDI URBAN CO-OPERATIVE BANK (Karnataka)
- PROF. JYOTIRMOY KAR DIRECTOR GHATAL PEOPLES COOPERATIVE BANK LTD, (Karnataka)
- RUDRE GOWDA DIRECTOR JANATHA COOPERATIVE BANK LTD, (Karnataka)
- NARANDAS V. PATEL DIRECTOR M.S. COOPERATIVE BANK LTD. (Gujarat)
- SHAMJIBHAI BHIMJIBHAI KHOONT MANAGING DIRECTOR RAJKOT PEOPLES CO-OPERATIVE BANK LTD., (Gujarat)
- VIJAY MOHAN CHAIRMAN JANATA COOPERATIVE URBAN BANK LIMITED (New Delhi)
Withdrawal of nominations will take place on 1st February 2019 and the final list of candidates left in the fray will be released on 2nd February 2019. The election would be held on 3rd February at the NCUI headquarters.