I am Committee Member of Co-operative Housing Society. Our Committee have been handling Society work since last 4 years but due to groupism and harassment by some vested interest all the Committee Members want to tender their resignations in special general meeting (SGM) called for the purpose. In this regard request you to clarify on some of questions mentioned below:
- What should be the contents of Notice of SGM? Should the notice be specific to resignation of members only?
- Should intimation be given to Registrar of Society before SGM or after SGM and within what timelines?
- Will the administration of Society go in the hands of Registrar in our case?
- Till what time existing Committee Members have to continue? And when can election be held in our case if all Committee Members resign in SGM?
- Can 1or 2 existing Committee Members continue and new members can be appointed in place of vacancy directly without going through process of election?
- What is procedure of election of Co-operative Housing Society?Request you to guide on above points at the earliest.
I C Naik
Please let me know the Registration Number and State of the A COOPERATIVE HOUSING SOCIETY. How many members are there in the Society. What is the strength of the Management Committee? On which date the current Committee took the charge? Whether the Society has replaced its original registered bye-laws by adopting other model. If so on which date the adopted model was registered by the Dy Registrar?