On the behalf of employees from Adarsh Credit Co-operative Society Ltd, Ahmedabad, I want to ask some query because due to non-payments of salaries , employees are quitting from society and member customers are pressurizing, involving staff name in Police complaints or legal matters and misbehaving with them. Staff are not in a position to revert on maturity or payment matters as all Investment and payments controlled by Central Office, Ahmadabad and still no updating upon payments related issues. Please revert on some query –
- Employees names mentioned in Legal cases by Member customers, is it right??
- Are Employees liable to pay the maturity payment from their pocket while customer member taken FD or RD from Society?
- In all employees offer letter, notice period mentioned for min 30 days, 60 days or 90 days, Resignation not accepted by Society HR. Is it any procedure for quitting from society without information?
- Employees are working without salary and expenses from last 6 to 8 months and no one is favouring. Is it any procedure to collect salary payment, which reflects or pending in our Society’s Saving Accounts?
I, also, resigned from my position but still society’s management not updated me about acceptance and clearance about F&F settlement.
Please revert as we, employees are facing lots of problems and no one is here to understand the situation.
I C Naik
Fixed deposits are contracts between Depositor and Organization accepting the deposits. The organization and not its employee is a party to this contract. The employee has no contractual obligation to Depositors. Police cannot interfere in contractual relationship between employees and Credit Society. No Court will recognize any police action against employees. For not Credit Society paying salary there are three legal courses open.
- File a Police Complaint for breach of trust under contract of employment guaranteeing contracted amounts as sapary payments
- Make a Complaint to Labour Commissioner under Payment of wages Act
- File a petition in Magistrates’ Court against the Chairman Secretary of the Credit Society for breach of trust through default in payment of agreed sum as salary.
- Employees should collectively take it up to demonstrate their might/strength